Wed, Thurs, & Fri 10-6
Sat & Sun 9-6
Community Forklift accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card, debit cards, checks and good old-fashioned cash!
Did you know that Community Forklift has successfully completed Co-op America's screening process for socially and environmentally responsible green businesses? We are now in their National Green Pages™ directory!
To Donate Materials
- Salvaged = used
- Surplus = new, complete with all parts, never been used or installed
Will you accept my…Doors?
Doors: Many customers are looking for doors. We especially appreciate front doors in nice shape, French doors, and decorative antique doors.
- Exterior Doors may have only minor damage (it's not very dirty, no water damage, no rot, no broken panes, pets have not chewed on it, no big gouges or terrible peeling paint, it's not de-laminating, etc.) One exception: antique French doors are in high demand, and we may consider them even if they have a little damage.
- Panel Doors: Will accept 1 panel wood doors; will usually accept unpainted panel doors (2 - 6 panel); any others please call first.
- Hollow flat/flush doors - salvaged/used, no. If we have enough space in the door area, we will consider flush hollow doors only if they are brand new, never been used, in excellent shape.
- Flat/flush doors with a particleboard core - if we have enough space in the door area, we will consider them if they in excellent shape and faced with nice wood (oak, mahogany, etc.)
- Hollow panel doors- If we have enough space in the door area, we will consider them only if they are new or like-new, in excellent shape.
- Louvered bi fold closet doors - we are more likely to accept them if you have the tracks or mounting hardware securely attached. We are less likely to accept them if they have heavy coats of paint.
- Storm doors: we prefer for them have both the screen and the storm windows (we prefer to have the glass storm panel in the door, and to have the screen taped to the door with saran wrap/shrink wrap or masking tape).
- Security Storm Doors: in good condition without a good deal of rust
- Garage Doors:
- Barn doors: yes;
- Sliding track garage doors: no
- Any other: call first
Remember, it's always best to call if you have any questions (301-985-5180). We reserve the right to accept or reject things on a case-by-case basis, depending on condition and how many items we already have in that category. This list may change at any time but we will make every effort to update this regularly and send Deconstruction Services an updated list.
Thank you for taking the time to donate & reuse!
Will you accept my…
** Appliances **
Carbon Monoxide Detectors **
Ceiling Fans **
Commercial equipment **
Computers & Electronics **
Fire Extinguishers **
Glass & Mirrors **
Lumber and trim **
Medical equipment **
Medicine Cabinets **
Mortar mix and other powders **
Odds and Ends **
Paint, deck seal, lacquers **
Pet Supplies **
Shower doors **
Smoke Detectors **
Vent Covers **
Window Treatments **
Store Phone: 301-985-5180 *** Donations Phone: 301-832-0781 *** Fax: 301-985-5182
Email: To inquire about donating materials, please fill out the form on our donations page.
To send us pictures of materials you would like to donate, use: Donations(at)CommunityForklift(dot)com
For media inquiries, please use: Ruthie(at)CommunityForklift(dot)com
For everything else use: Info(at)CommunityForklift(dot)com
Visit: 4671 Tanglewood Drive, Edmonston, MD 20781
Directions: 5 minutes from DC in Prince George's County
Tuesday: noon-6pm; Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday: 10am - 6pm; Saturday & Sunday 9am - 6pm
Copyright © 2005-2013 Community Forklift